Everyone transitioning out of the military back into the civilian culture goes through different struggles at different severity levels. Some hide their emotions better than others. Some manage to transition smoothly without any issue at all. My transition and the transitions of most disabled veterans that I’m friends with were more severe, filled with some major nervous tension, difficulty re-acclimating to the civilian culture, isolation, horrifying thoughts and dreams, edginess, anger – sometimes outbursts, suicidal thoughts and/or tendencies, isolation, relief, grief, low self-esteem, low self-worth, … etc… all compounded by the level of true support received, dealings with the veterans medical services, and judgements by the civilians encountered.
While our individual experiences vary depending on individual circumstances and ability to cope, the one thing we do have in common is that we can overcome. We can overcome those demons that haunt us.
While it takes time, I’d like to share what has helped me overcome those overwhelming, sometimes debilitating, emotions stemming from emotional trauma: healthy, nontoxic lifestyle and essential oils.
Yes, you read that right. This skeptic – further convinced by her doctors, friends, and family – actually thought a natural lifestyle with all the hippie voodoo was just going to end my life faster than my autoimmune and neurological disorders. I knew I didn’t have to suffer anymore, and this looked like an excellent way out.
Spoiler Alert: it backfired and completely turned me into a believer and natural health advocate when the nontoxic, foodie, hippie voodoo lifestyle turned my life around.
This lifestyle overhaul completely took away the physical and emotional anguish that kept me down for nearly a decade. It turns out I was wrong. My neurologist was wrong. My family was wrong. Switching to a natural health lifestyle and looking at your body holistically opens up so many opportunities for true HEALING – both mentally AND physically.
If you haven’t yet listened to my guest appearance on the Revolution Oils Podcast, you can listen in on the podcast below. I opened up about my story in a way I never had before, digging deep into my experiences with the faulty VA healthcare system and how I felt through the treatment I received. I opened up about suicidal thoughts I experienced, and why I wrote this page.
Listen To My Podcast Interview About Essential Oils For Military Veterans:
My goal here is to help inspire you to take a new stand. If you’re not receiving the help you need, then its time to pull up your boots and handle it… and don’t be afraid to seek help!
Whether you take your needs to your senator, seek a mentor’s assistance, or you do what I did and take matters into your own hands, I want to urge you to do something. Don’t just stand by unheard without help.
I have my second chance at life, and I want to see you with the same:
- A second chance at life to live to the fullest.
- A chance at happiness.
- A chance at true healing.
- A chance to love yourself and those you care about, again.
- A chance at fighting for your life where you can actually see results.
I wrote this page and spoke on that podcast because I believe in you. I’m tired of being silent about what all has transpired, and I’m tired of seeing other veterans slip through life unheard without help.
I am the other side of recovery for chronic pain, autoimmune, and neurological patients. I want to inspire you to seek the other side of recovery to what you’re dealing with. I want to prove to you that you have a choice other than death.
Come join me where life can be beautiful again. I’m here to help coach you every step of the way! All you need to do, is ask for help. If you’d like help from me, be sure to head over to my contact page and connect with me.
How Essential Oils Can Help Veterans’ Emotional Trauma
Essential oils and emotions go together like chocolate and ice cream. I encourage you to go back and check out my post about how essential oils impact your lymbic system (the area of your brain responsible for managing your emotions) to learn more about how. But here, to conserve space, lets dig into which oils can help you.
Now, legally, I cannot discuss in detail exactly how essential oil can and will improve your life, because I do make a small income from essential oil sales (and I’m not here to replace your doctor), because the FDA and FTC strictly prohibit that type of activity.
However, I can direct you to do your own research and point you to some resources where you can see for yourself what these little bottles are capable of and how exactly they can help you. I also provide references and exclusive support groups to my new customers.
My favorite resource for studies is:
- The National Institute of Health’s PubMed database (PubMed.Gov) – do a few searches for PTSD, Anxiety, or any other ailment you’re dealing with along with “essential oil” and read through some of the results.
- Another great website is www.ylsearch.com … just search for your needs and you’ll see a bunch of studies and possibly links to personal testimonials in the results
- You can also look at www.oil-testimonials.com … just search for your ailment and see personal testimonials populate in the search results.
The info provided in those sites are quite impressive.
Best Essential Oils for Military Veterans:
- Frankincense – helps with those feeling worthless moments, or when you feel others are completely worthless… or just when you feel “f*** you!” – you know…
If you’re the yoga or religious/spiritual type, frankincense is awesome at enhancing those meditation/prayer moments, taking it to a whole new level. Like the universe wrapping you in the best hug ever. It’s totally woo, and tough to explain, but really intriguing.
- Lavender – helps when you’re feeling abandoned, overly critical, and have cooped up emotions. Lavender also helps relax and calm you down.
- Lemon – helps when you feel left behind, detached, empty, frustrated, stuck, and when life feels unreliable. It’s also uplifting, and fantastic to clean with.
- Peppermint – helps when you feel like a total failure, dependent on everyone else, totally restricted with where you are in life, and overly rigid. Peppermint is also fantastic for helping sooth your stomach and boost your energy too.
- Sage – helps with letting go
- Sandalwood – reduces those dreadful, fearful, full of terror moments and helps you calm down from them.
I also have a few proprietary blends that don’t require any DIY that I would love to share with you.
I want to personally invite you to join the journey!
So, how do you get started? Make the choice to take a chance and just do it. If you need some help, I have a guide on how to get started with a healthy lifestyle you’re welcome to check out.
Whether you follow my guide, or modify it, or completely create your own, I strongly encourage you to ditch the toxins in your life and move forward embracing a natural lifestyle and the wellness that comes with it.
It’s not always a quick fix like it was for me… years of damage to your body can take years to clear out. But I can promise it is worth every second and every penny spent.
Where to Find Quality Essential Oils
Essential oils have been absolutely incredible with helping my personal recovery, and that of a few disabled veterans I met while on active duty, who have turned into some fantastic team leaders, using their passion helping fellow veterans through the suck and finding themselves again.
That being said… if you’re going to use essential oils, make sure you’re choosing a QUALITY brand. Too many companies out there use loose government regulations to sell junk that isn’t even an essential oil, or oils significantly diluted (often to below 5%) with questionable solvents. For an essential oil to work well for you, it needs to be the real thing. Check out our guide to choosing a quality essential oil to make sure what you’re investing in isn’t compromised or fake.
I spent well over a year comparing different brands to see what works best for me (Young Living and Oshadhi), and personally found two specific brands to be exceptional, one slightly cheaper than the other with a rewards program that everyone using essential oils frequently needs to take advantage of. After comparing numerous oil companies by using their oils in person, I found the brand that works the best for me, and lasts longer than other brands (which helps save me money).
I strongly discourage purchasing oils from 3rd party online websites, like Amazon or eBay, because counterfeit oils are wildly popular and can cause more harm than good. (Reputable companies actually do not sell their products on any third party sales sites because so many oils on there have been found to be counterfeit).
Get Started With Essential Oils
Allow us to join you on your healing journey using essential oils.
When you join forces with us, you’ll receive:
- A 400-page comprehensive essential oil reference guide (US members only) or app
- Essential Oils Reference Guide Smartphone App (for non-US members)
- Individual and group wellness and essential oil coaching
- Individual healthy lifestyle mentorship
- Access to our exclusive team Facebook groups, including one for health testimonials
- 24% discount for all future orders
- (optional) Access to our rewards program for monthly subscribers, earning 10%+ back in points to use as cash for free essential oils or oil-infused products
- (optional) Flexible business opportunity that allows you to get paid for helping other people live healthier, where you’re able to decide when, where, why, how, and with whom you work… that honors your family, your mind, your body, and your soul.
- (optional) Complimentary business coaching that focuses on who you are, your morals, your values, and your strengths… without spamming or being obnoxious.
**If you also sign on with our rewards program, I’ll also personally send you the Releasing Emotions with Essential Oils book we discussed earlier… just let me know you are a veteran and became a member through this post!
If you are ready to give essential oils a try, but don’t feel you can comfortably afford it, connect with me and let me know. I’d love to talk with you about how you can span out payments, or even how you can get your initial investment reimbursed and receive future oils orders with no out of pocket expense.
Thank you for being here, listening to my podcast interview, and reading this post. It truly means a lot to me that you’re considering stepping up and taking the challenge to living your best life.
I’ve been blessed to have worked with a few veterans and over 100 total families, guiding them to overcoming life challenges they previously believed were permanent, and I’m confident I can help you too. But you need to take the first step and connect with me!
P.S. See what people are saying about me over on my Testimonials page.
More posts about my personal health journey:
- But you don’t look sick: a glimpse into my experience navigating chronic autoimmune disease and neurological disorders, and my dramatic healing journey
- Life After Autoimmune: what no one tells you about living after recovering from chronic autoimmune disorders
- I lost my mind living a healthy lifestyle
- Overcoming Systemic Candida, naturally
- How I started Blogging
- My Military Transition
- Becoming A Veteran: Life After The Military